Academy Council & Register of Business Interests
Mark Gutteridge, Sponsor Governor and Chair of the Academy Council
Alan Lloyd BSc, PGCE, Sponsor Governor
Karen Brett, FCAT Governor
Michelle Bateman BA(Hons), PGCE, Staff Governor
Ben Mashiter, Staff Governor
Julie Brotherton, FCAT Governor
Ashley Hackett, FCAT Governor
Zoe Spencer, Parent Governor
Parent Governor Vacancy*
Stephen Cooke BSc (Hons), Unity Academy Headteacher
Chris Lickiss BSc (Hons), NPQH, Executive Headteacher
Please note: The address of the chair is care of the school - Unity Academy Blackpool, Warbreck Hill Road , Blackpool, Lancashire , FY2 0TS
The Academy Council plays a vital role in the governance and accountability of Unity Academy Blackpool; its responsibilities include:
· Support the vision and direction of FCAT
· Set and review the vision and direction for Unity Academy within the framework of FCAT’s vision
· Approval of Unity Academy's budget
· Oversee the financial monitoring of Unity Academy.
· Hold the Unity Academy Principal to account for standards and report annually to the Directors
· Act as a critical friend to the Unity Academy Headteacher
· Approval of capital programmes before submission to the Board of Directors
The Academy Council is not responsible for the operational and day to day management of Unity Academy, this is the remit of the Principal.
For details surrounding the structure and remit of the governing body across Unity Academy and FCAT, please see the FCAT scheme of delegation below.
If you are interested in applying for a position on our academy council, please contact Ciara Gregson Governance Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01253 207709.